(Keaton with his Great Grandma in Arizona on our way back home from Mexico)
Today we got Keaton's test scores for the required 3rd grade testing in our state and he did AMAZING!!!!!
I was nervous about his testing as he has never done testing, has a hard time sitting still, all of his quirks (etc!) and us having a "low-key" homeschooling year (with a trip to Mexico too!).
I tried not to think about it too much the month or so before the test (it was last week) and then a week or two before the test we told him about it and practiced sitting at the table for longer periods of time while he worked on school stuff.
It wasn't until after he took the test that I realized I was going to be nervous about the results because I know with my personality if he didn't do well, I would take it as a personal "failure"...I have been his only teacher and all!
Then I became REALLY nervous!
I feel so much better now knowing that he is right on track for his age and even excelling to a seventh grade reading level!
All of this of course are results that are according to a test that not all children "fit into" at least not children like Keaton...and that we have survived and are thriving WITHOUT having to put him on medication, just blesses my heart so much and encourages me for all the HARD work we have done with him for the past four years of homeschooling, extreme diet changes and therapy to help his brain.
I could just cry.
God is so good...He is carrying us along this journey with this little boy and it is a blessing to see small glimpses of the fruit of our labor and the Lord working in MIGHTY ways! He is our Great Healer!
PRAISE JESUS!!!

5 comments:
SO awesome!!!!
Congrats Keaton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =)
Beautiful picture, a forever memory!
Tarena, That's awaesome!
That is so amazing and wonderful! God is good :-)
Post a Comment