October 12, 2009

30-Day Encouragement Challenge: Day 1

Beginnings...


I am so excited about all of you ladies who have decided to join up for this challenge...I just know that we are going to be blessed by this! If you are just joining us today, feel free to start by listing your name in the comments section so I can enter you into the drawing for a GREAT prize(I'll extend the deadline just for you!)-we would love to have anyone and everyone join us!

These articles were written by Revive Our Hearts, a company started by Nancy Leigh DeMoss who is the author of some amazing books. I hope you will enjoy these each day...and if you don't...well, I didn't write them! =)

Some days I might comment at the bottom and a day or two we might have Tim comment on his perspective on the devotional! I know some of you were asking for him to blog more...he sure is funny!
Thank you again, ladies for joining with me on this exciting adventure of blessing our marriages-I can't wait to see what great things the Lord will do in our lives!


We're so glad you've decided to accept the "30-Day Encouragement Challenge" to encourage your husband! Your decision means that you truly want to be a blessing in your home. This challenge will also result in spiritual growth in your own life.



We'd like to encourage you to keep track of what God does in your marriage over this next month. We hope you'll take time to share what God does in your home as you bless and encourage your spouse.


Day One:


"The heart of her husband safely trusts her; so he will have no lack of gain. She does him good and not evil all the days of her life." Prov. 31:11-12


To refresh your memory...here's the 30-Day Encouragement Challenge...for the next 30 days:


* You can't say anything negative about your husband ...to your husband...or to anyone else, about your husband.


* Say something that you admire or appreciate about your husband...to your husband...and to someone else, about your husband!


To help you get started, have you ever thanked your husband for "choosing you" above all other women? He found you attractive as a person, and appreciated you. Though many circumstances in your marriage may have changed, let your husband know that you are glad God led you together, and that you want to be a blessing to him for the rest of your marriage. Let him know that he can trust you to be in his corner.


One of the best opportunities to express your gratitude is first thing in the morning. How do you greet your husband each morning? Is he confident in your love? Give him a "wake up call" that he'll never forget-a big "I love you" and an "I'm so glad I'm your wife!"

My thoughts: It is going to be kind of interesting for me to do this, as Tim reads my blog and already knows that I am doing this and he can read about what I should be doing each day! In fact, early the morning after I first posted about this challenge, he woke me up by saying, "Are we good?". I had no idea what he was talking about...I asked "Are we good about what?" He said he had read the blog post and was just checking to make sure we were doing ok and there wasn't anything that was bothering me that he didn't know about! He is so sweet! I assured him that we "are good" and I couldn't help but smile at the thought of him being so concerned!

I do think it is going to be a challenge to make sure that I say something that I appreciate about him each day to someone else. As we spend most days at home, I'm sure I will be fulfilling some of those requirements by telling the kids or all of you ladies about him...and while I'm at it-let me just say that more than ever I appreciate Tim. I appreciate that he tries to let me sleep just a little bit more when he can let me...even just 5 minutes...he knows how much my body needs sleep and how little us mama's tend to get!

I know most of you ladies have heard the story of how Tim and I met and fell in love (if you want to hear, just ask!), which was amazing of how the Lord brought us together, but I don't know if I have specifically thanked him for following and obeying God and choosing to marry me. I'll have to make sure I do that today!

Have a wonderful day ladies, choosing to bless your marriages! Love ya all! (And I'll try not to write my comments longer than the challenge's post next time!!)

Are you new to joining us? Be sure to enter your name in the comments to be entered to win the prize and here is the link to catch you up:
Intro

6 comments:

Krista said...

I seriously LOVE today's challenge! In fact, when Tyler came to take me out for lunch, on the way back we talked! It was fantastic!! I think I'm falling more & more in love with him already, and it's only day one!! =) Thanks again for doing this Tarena!

Lissa said...

Thank you for doing this.=]

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a challenge I am up for!! Thanks, Tarena
So put my name in there!

Laressa said...

Tarena, I found your blog this weekend and, coming back today, would like to join in the challenge as well. Thanks!

Kimberlee said...

Tarena, this is such a great idea. I'm totally in! Brandon can sure use extra encouragement nowadays. Hopefully he will be surprised and uplifted by my daily encouragement, thanks for doing this!

Stefanie said...

Thank you for starting this...it will be challenging sometimes but so beneficial!