Our family's favorite side dishes are brussel sprouts...
No, I'm not kidding!
They are gone so fast-I can never make enough of them!
I'm not sure why we all love them so much...oh, wait-yes I do:
I make them with bacon.
Yes, sir!
They are incredible!!!
I use my kitchen sheers to cut up bacon, cook it and then toss in brussel sprouts that are cut in half (or fourths if they are really large) and cook them quickly until they are just tender...you may remember me posting about it a couple of years ago.
As we love them so much I decided to try and make them as a main dish with pasta (I indulge Tim with white pasta every once in awhile...gotta show him I love him!!)...I tried to keep it as close to the side dish as possible.
I only added butter (to create more sauce) and a tinsy bit of onion powder. Poured it all over pasta, then tossed raw cheddar cheese on top.
The verdict:
We like it as a side dish better!
I was suprised, but with the other ingrediants, you just couldn't taste the brussel sprout-bacony goodness as much.
So from now on, we'll just be having it on the side!
Do you like brussel sprouts??? Try it and let me know if your family enjoys it this way too!

4 comments:
I love mine halved and roasted with chopped leeks until they start to turn brown. Then I topped them with a bit of parmesan and balsamic vinegar.
Landon loves brussel sprouts. Any veg. I cook with bacon he eats like candy. Brussel sprouts and brocolli are his two favs. We sautee them in the bacon grease and them steam them till tender. They are awesome.
I've never had a brussle sprout... But I am inspired to try! Your food pics always make me sooo hungry :)
We have brussel sprouts all the time!! We LOVE them! Most often, we have them roasted with olive oil and a little bit of garlic salt and pepper. We will often throw a can of corn on top and roast that with it too! Yum!
Post a Comment