October 8, 2009

30-Day Encouragment Challenge: Intro

Calling all married ladies...this one's for you!!!

Recently I was thinking about marriage and how I am saddened when a couple just isn't doing so good, things are getting rough (we've all been there!) or they are already far down the road to giving up. Even more so, it devistates me when I find out about a couple that is getting a divorce or has been having a hard time for a long time and I had no idea. So often these aren't the problems that people are able to open up and share easily...sometimes by pride, other times it is just because we just don't know each other well enough or are able to invest the time to do so.
We all get busy and it sure is difficult to connect with people. But, I had the idea recently that we are able to connect, at least in a small way over blogs or emails. I figured that I could use this blog to be a way to bless my marriage and anyone else who wants to bless their marriage.

So you up for the challenge??? No, don't worry-you don't have to share details of your marriage, you don't even have to know me...you just have to want to make your marriage AWESOME!

(Yea, I know you could be saying..."my marriage will never be awesome...it takes two to do that and someone else sure isn't working towards any awesome-ness". I know-but thankfully, there is a Third Person (Jesus) who can make things better...hang on for the ride-it's worth it to try the challenge!)

Here's the deal:
This is a 30 day challenge. I will post a very small excerpt every day from a company called Revive our Hearts-they are the cool ladies who created this 30 day challenge. (This info will not have been written by me, so they get all the credit!) All you have to do is come read the challenge everyday, honestly think about the questions and do the challenges...you also have to do these two things EVERY DAY:
* You can't say anything negative about your husband ...to your husband...or to anyone else, about your husband.

* Say something that you admire or appreciate about your husband...to your husband...and to someone else, about your husband!

Ok, I know that we all are not perfect and we might forget to do this a couple of days over the month, but don't give up...keep coming back!!! Your marriage it totally worth it!!

The best part: I will be giving away a PRIZE (in a random drawing)to one lovely wife who does this challenge with all of us for the whole month (given the grace of a few slip-up days...we'll all have those) ! It's really cool prize too...in fact I requested it for my birthday (and I never ask for birthday gifts)--you'll love it!!!

Ok, I lied...that isn't the best part, the prize is just a cool bonus. The best part is that each of us will come away with a better marriage. Yes, I did say you will come away with a better marriage. Your handsome hubby might not change at all during this time, but you will be blessed with amazing truths to help your marriage and to grow in the Lord!

So, to be joined in for the drawing you need to enter your name in the comments box below saying that you are going to join. We will start up on Mondy, October 12th, so spread the word to all your friends (we all could use some loving help in the marriage department!) and be sure to put your name in the comment box by Monday the 12th!!

"For better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health until death does us part"...amazing how usually most of life involves "worse", "poorer" and "sickness"-let's strengthen our marriage for those rough seas!!!

27 comments:

Emily said...

Hey Tarena, this sounds wonderful! Looking forward to it!

christy said...

Thanks Tarena! Can't wait. :)

camelfam said...

Wonderful idea. Even a great marriage can use a boost!

Stefanie said...

Fabulous idea! I'm in! Thanks!!

Krista said...

wow! this sounds awesome! i've only been married for 4 months, but hey, never hurts to start now! Thanks Tarena!

Stacy said...

Tarena,

Sound like a great idea...I'm in!

The Layton's said...

Bettering our marriages, what can be better!! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm in! My husband deserves any blessings I can give him!
jaimickee@hotmail.com

Lissa said...

Sounds like a great idea,count me in!=]

Anonymous said...

I'm in!! Ironically, I just read a wonderful post at (in)courage about loving my husband more. God is speaking!!

Alec and Becky said...

Count me in! I love it!!

CMC said...

I'm in as well!

Although, is this something I could do long distance? Harper and I leave the 13th to go visit friends & family in Seattle for almost 2 weeks. Would I be able to participate even though Aaron is staying up in AK? It might be fun since we won't get to see one another if I could still do little things for him :)

Kristin Harris said...

I'm on board Sister!

Tracy DeLuca said...

This sounds great! Count me in... I can't wait to start!

Our growing family said...

Christie-of course you can do it long distance! I hope you have a great visit too!

Memórias of the Davolt Family said...

Yea! Sign me up!

Kari said...

Sounds like a great idea! I'm in!

KimmerzCook said...

I just read this today on the 12th but I am going to join in on this! How wonderful! So many times I forget to tell Corey how much I love him and how I'm blessed by him!

Unknown said...

I'd love to join!

Our growing family said...

Of, course-all are welcome to join!!! Glad your joining all of us ladies!

Stefanie said...

I'd like to try this out...count me in.

Angela said...

This is a great idea. I can't wait to see how things go.

Sheena said...

I think this could be really great. I am in!

Amy said...

I'm a day late, but in! I found you through a friend - thank you for posting these and being an open book for us to learn from!

Unknown said...

I'm two days late - but I'm in two!

Brenda said...

OH!! I'm in, I'm in!!!! Late, but in!! :)

Patricia said...

oops, left a comment on a more recent one. :) i'm in! a little late, but i can't wait to get started!